Week 10 of 52
9) Practice 12 spiritual disciplines.
“If it is coincidence, I sure have a lot more coincidences when I pray than when I don’t.” Unknown man quoted by Don Whitney in Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, p.96.
Bible reading, meditation and prayer are the “holy trinity” of a Christian’s life. They mark a person who believes there is more to life than 80 years on earth. I disciplined myself to pray this week as I disciplined myself to daily walk. I don’t get “feels” off prayer, usually. Prayer is simply a way I prove I believe to myself. I found it a relief to chat with God about daily annoyances and worries. And, there were little answers/”coincidences” as well.
8) Complete 12 credits toward MDiv.
My second class this semester starts this week. It is Church History to the Modern Age – squeal!
7) Connect with one person a week.
6) Complete writing a 12-week Bible study.
I worked on Week 4.
5) Learn how to needle felt and create 25 sculptures.
The donkey is in progress, and I started on a Faun.
4) Complete 12 house/yard projects.
3) Move at least 15 minutes a day.
2) Fix my teeth.
1) Hike to 12 new places.
January: Hike to Twin Falls.